We are pleased to announce that the 3rd Workshop on Structure and Dynamics of Glassy, Supercooled and Nanoconfined Fluids will take place in Buenos Aires from July 14th through 16th, 2019, as a satellite meeting of the 27th International Conference on Statistical Physics (StatPhys 27) of the International Union for Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).
The Workshop goal is to gather researchers and students interested on theoretical and experimental aspects of the structure and dynamics of water and other fluids under metastable conditions (supercooled or vitrified) or confined at interfaces and nanopores.
Two previous workshops on the subject were held in Argentina:
- The first one was a satellite meeting of the IX International Symposium on the Properties of Water (ISOPOW 9), that took place in Mar del Plata in September 2004
- The second one took place in Buenos Aires in May 2012 at the Constituyentes Atomic Center - Comisión Nacional de Energia Atómica (CNEA) and Instituto de Química Física de los Materiales, Medio Ambiente y Energía (INQUIMAE) - University of Buenos Aires
- Dr. Laureano Alarcón (Universidad Nacional del Sur)
- Dr. Gustavo Appignanesi (Universidad Nacional del Sur)
- Dr. Horacio Corti (CAC-CNEA & INQUIMAE-UBA)
- Dra. Marisa Frechero (Universidad Nacional del Sur)
- Dr. Nicolás Giovambattista (City University of New York)
- Dra. Paula Longinotti (INQUIMAE-UBA)
- Dr. Damián Scherlis (INQUIMAE-UBA)
- Dr. Igal Szleifer (Northwestern University)
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Visual equipment: Overhead and LCD projectors will be available.
- For Computer based presentations there will be a common PC available, please bring your talks in a CD, DVD and/or memory stick in pdf or ppt format.
- Technical support will be provided by the Organization.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- All presenters must be registered as workshop participants.
- Posters size: Poster presentations will fit a designated 0.90 m (width) × 1.50 m space.
- A desk point will be available in the poster area for necessary supplies for posting.
- Poster abstract must be sent via e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Poster abstract: June 30th, 2019.
- Registration: July 14th, 2019.
All participants must register to the Workshop. To register, please fill in the on-line registration form as soon as possible.
Workshop Fees: Full US$200 Student/Partial US$100
- Full fees cover conference materials, conference reception, proceedings book, lunch tickets and coffee breaks.
- Student fees do not cover conference reception nor proceedings book.
- Partial fees do not cover conference reception, proceedings book nor lunch tickets.
- Payments should be made in pesos or dollars at the registration on July 14th 2019.
The on-line registration is closed.